Thank you to all who were able to attend our musical this week. It is with your support of our school and of the arts that make such events special and worthwhile. The students did a wonderful job and looked adorable in their "out of this world" costumes! A special thanks to Mr. Grippo and the Terrace staff for making the entire production a success.
The new May lunch menu and the new April Terrace Times are linked above. Check them out!
For families of 5th graders:
- Chippewa will be hosting Incoming 6th Grade Information Night on May 03 starting at 7:00 p.m. If your child will be attending there next year, you may wish to attend.
- On Friday morning, May 11, we will be taking the 5th graders over to Chippewa for a tour and to meet their principal and assistant principal.
From Mr. Lair - Field Day:
Hello all! Last year we started to utilize 5th graders to basically run our Field Day games. They will be essentially running all of the games for the Kindergarten through 4th grade students. I would appreciate having 5 to 7 additional parent volunteers to help out with supervision and running the games.
If you are available from 1:00-3:30 on Thursday, May 24 or on the rain date May 25th (same times), we would love to have your help! Additionally, we also could use a supervisor or two to help oversee our PE Helpers filling water balloons on Thursday, May 24th, around 11:30 to 12:30. If you can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated! Please email me at Lairj@d62.org
Online Registration: Opened on April 3rd for all returning students entering grades 1-8 for school year 2018 - 2019. Any new students or students entering Kindergarten will use the existing paper registration process.
- It is necessary for parents to sign up their child for bus transportation at this time.
- You will need a Tyler Parent Portal account. If you have not created this account yet, please fill out the following form: bit.ly/62parentportalform. If you already have an account, please visit: bit.ly/parentportal62.
- Additional information about District 62’s online registration process including frequently asked questions can be found here: bit.ly/62registrationinfo.
- For those of you who may need assistance, an online registration support open house will be held from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. on May 1 at Algonquin Middle School.
Please read the following reminders:
Arrival Parking Lot Safety: Last week we had three unfortunate incidents in our parking lot during morning drop-off. Two different students were almost hit by cars running to their lines and a third fell in the middle of the parking lot running to the line-up area while cars were driving through the lot. These incidents were due to the fact that people are dropping their children off in the middle of the parking lot rather than coming through the front circle despite being asked many times over the years not to do so. In the interest of student safety, we are now putting cones at the north end of the parking lot to prohibit cars from entering to just drop off. Families will have to drive through the front circle to drop off. If you feel you need to park and walk your child to his or her line, please park on the west side of Westgate to do so. We apologize if this is an inconvenience to you, however, the safety and well-being of our students is our number one priority above all else. I spoke with the Des Plaines Police, and this change was thought to be an excellent idea. Thank you for understanding.
Dismissal Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
Have a great weekend!