Last night we hosted a Title One Family Literacy Night for our primary families. We ave over 30 families attend! It was a wonderful evening event, and I wanted to thank the families and our staff who attended. A special thanks goes out to the Des Plaines Public Library, who attended last night and issue library cards to all students and families who wanted one. It was really awesome!
Terrace PTC is hosting Pancake Breakfast on Saturday morning, Sept. 28th, starting at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 11:00 a.m. Please join our community for some great food prepared by the Terrace dads. The Book fair will also be open during that time. Please email the PTC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Picture Day is next Tuesday, October 01. You should have already received an order form, but if you do not have one, please stop by the main office to get one.
MAP and IAR assessment results will be coming home to families of students in grades 3-5 today in the students backpacks. If you have any questions about the results, please contact your student's teacher.
The October lunch menu is now linked at the top of this page.
Have a nice weekend!
SAVE THE DATE!
VETERAN'S DAY CONCERT FOR 3RD, 4TH, AND 5TH GRADES:
Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 2:10pm AND 6:30pm (students arrive at 6:15pm and report to the classroom).
This year's fall performance will be a Veteran's Day Concert, so please save the date!
If, for some reason, your 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade student cannot attend, please let Mrs. Prost know as soon as possible before speaking/special parts are decided (email@example.com or on Dojo). Thank you!
Call for student entries: 2019 District 62 Winter Greeting Card design contest
All District 62 students are invited to enter the 2019 Winter Greeting Card design contest. The first place winner's design will be featured on a greeting card sent to community leaders and will be proudly displayed on the district's website and shared via social media. All design entries will be displayed at the Des Plaines Public Library.
The first, second and third place winners will be honored at the Monday, November 18 Board of Education meeting. All students will receive participation certificates.
Deadline: October 16, 2019 to your school secretary
Please visit our website for additional information and the parent release form:
Crossing Guards Needed: Officer Michael Heidkamp from the Des Plaines Police Department has asked me to share this job opportunity with you: Des Plaines Police Department is looking for crossing guards. The position pays $15.00 per hour. If you or any of your friends are interested, please share this information. You can contact Officer Heidkamp at (847)-391-5498, or please click the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/desplaines.
Please read the following reminders:
School Volunteer Info:
Attention Volunteers! Please fill out the online volunteer application if you do not currently have one on file. In order to volunteer at school during the day or at any school function (field trips, popcorn day, etc), you must have an application on file. If you are not sure if you have completed one, please email Mrs. Lopatka at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she can check for you. You may also apply online at the following website by clicking here.
Arrival Parking Lot Safety: Families should drive through the front circle to drop off students. The parking lot IS NOT a place to drop off students. If you feel you need to park and walk your child to his or her line, please park on Westgate to do so. The safety and well-being of our students is our number one priority above all else.
Dismissal Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.