Welcome back to school (almost)! I am so excited to see everyone as we are beginning a brand new school year. I anticipate that we will have a fabulous year filled with fun and filled with learning. I hope you share my optimism, as I believe that Terrace is a warm and nurturing place for your children to learn and grow.
Letters were sent home last Wednesday via US Mail with FINAL classroom assignments as well as a letter from me reminding you about Supply Drop-Off this week. Supply Drop-Off will be this Thursday, August 15, from 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. This is for grades 1-5 only. Kindergarten families will meet with Mrs. Nielsen on Aug. 19-20, and at that time they will bring in their school supplies.
Please remember that Supply Drop-Off is designed so that you may briefly meet the teacher, see the new classroom, and drop off the supplies. The kiddos are welcome to come with you! I also ask that you please refrain from trying to have a parent-teacher conference at that time, as it will be very busy with other families present. If you need to speak with the teacher specifically for some reason, please arrange a phone or in-person conference for another time.
Our staff is already hard at work preparing their classrooms, and we are looking forward to seeing all of our grade 1-5 students on Aug. 19 and our kinder students on the 21st.
Finally, I am excited to share that we will be hosting an NSSEO program at our building this year. Please join me in warmly welcoming the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Early Childhood Program to Terrace. Last year and in the past, the two classrooms have called the Early Learning Center home. This year, they have moved over to Terrace, and we couldn't be more enthusiastic about their presence in our already-inclusive staff and student community. If you are curious about the program, click here to learn more.
The August lunch menu is linked above.
Please read the following reminders:
School Volunteer Info:
Attention Volunteers! Please fill out the online volunteer application if you do not currently have one on file. In order to volunteer at school during the day or at any school function (field trips, popcorn day, etc), you must have an application on file. If you are not sure if you have completed one, please email Mrs. Lopatka at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she can check for you. You may also apply online at the following website by clicking here.
Arrival Parking Lot Safety: Families should drive through the front circle to drop off students. The parking lot IS NOT a place to drop off students. If you feel you need to park and walk your child to his or her line, please park on Westgate to do so. The safety and well-being of our students is our number one priority above all else.
Dismissal Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.