Please read the following updates and information (there is not too much that is new this week):
- On Tuesday, December 18, please join us for our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade winter concert. Showings will be at both 2:10 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. (students should arrive at 6:15 p.m. for the evening performance; students should go directly to classrooms). Doors will open at 6:15.
- Students are expected to attend both performances. If your student cannot attend a performance, please contact Mrs. Prost at email@example.com as soon as possible (as speaking parts and solos are being decided). Thank you, and we all hope you enjoy the concert!
5Essentials Survey: The staff and student surveys will be live beginning on December 11. This year, all 4th and 5th grade students will be completing a student survey. This will be done at school and we will make sure that it will not take any time away from instruction. We will likely wait until after winter break to do this, and I will communicate to you when we do. Remember, each parent in a household can take the survey. It will take no more than five minutes. To begin, click here: bit.ly/625EssentialsParent.
Be Prepared for Cold Weather:
Families, please take note of the changing weather. The temperature is now much cooler, so please dress your children appropriately. Please make sure children have an extra pair of gym shoes to change into after they take their boots off. They cannot participate in PE class if they do not have gym shoes.
If your child does not have snow pants, a winter coat, or any other winter-wear that they need, please email me and/or our social worker, Mrs. Greenwood. Between the two of us, we will help try and secure what your child may need.
School Volunteer Info:
Attention Volunteers! Please fill out the online volunteer application if you do not currently have one on file. In order to volunteer at school during the day or at any school function (field trips, popcorn day, etc), you must have an application on file. If you are not sure if you have completed one, please email Mrs. Lopatka at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she can check for you. You may also apply online at the following website by clicking here.
Please read the following reminders:
Arrival Parking Lot Safety: Families should drive through the front circle to drop off students. The parking lot IS NOT a place to drop off students. If you feel you need to park and walk your child to his or her line, please park on Westgate to do so. The safety and well-being of our students is our number one priority above all else.
Dismissal Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
Have a great weekend!