Yesterday you may have received an electronic notification regarding D62 moving to online registration for next school year for grades 1-8. For more information about that, please click here.
Please note that Kinder Registration is next week on Feb. 07, from 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. I hope to see some of you there!
FYI, the new February Terrace Times and February lunch menu can be found at the links above.
The district has updated the Terrace webpage that can be found on the D62 website. A direct link can be found here, or at the top of this page. Under where it says "Weekly Message", there is a link that says "Terrace Elementary School". The newly-designed website has easy access to a staff directory, lunch menus, and all of our social media sites (including this one). All of those same things can be found on this site, as well.
Student Council is having a canned food drive from January 30 - February 10. The donations will benefit the Des Plaines food pantry. Please be careful not to send perishable goods or expired cans. Thank you for helping our Student Council help their community!
Congratulations to these amazing Terrace students for being recognized for demonstrating expected behaviors! Also, congratulations to Mrs. Naponelli's class for earning the Courageous Cardinal!
Please read the following updates:
There will be a Cultural Arts assembly this Thursday, February 09, provided by the Terrace PTC. From 9:30 to 10:15, kindergarteners through 2nd grade students will see a presentational from Science Alliance called, Bugs, Beetles, and Bookworms. From 10:30 to 11:30, 3rd through 5th grade students will see Close Encounters of the Chemical Kind.
District 62 invites all parents/guardians to attend an exciting workshop: “Co-parenting Children of Separated or Divorced Parents”
Presented by: Dr. Charlene Myklebust
When: Monday, February 6, 2017, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Where: The Early Learning Center, 1375 South Fifth Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60016
Please RSVP by Friday, February 3, 2017 to the Student Services Department, 847.824.1247
Note: Childcare will be provided for children up to 9 years old. An RSVP is requested for both attendance and childcare.
Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
As the weather has turned cold, please remember to send your child or children with adequate clothing to be outside during the cold weather. Students now have indoor arrival every day during the winter months, however, dependent upon the weather, they may still go outside at recess time. If the temperature is ten degrees or higher, and/or if the wind chill is above zero degrees, students will go outside for recess. If you are curious about lunchtime weather conditions, please read below about downloading the WeatherBug app, which is what I use to make those decisions.
Please make sure students have heavy coats, boots, snowpants, gloves, hats, and scarves. If you are in need of an item of winter clothing, please let the office know, as we have many items we can lend or give to students who need them. Again, we will not send students outside when the air temperature is in single digits or if the wind chill is below zero.
With winter fast aproaching, now would be as good of a time as ever to download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
Have a wonderful weekend!