Welcome back, and happy new year! We are off to a great start to 2019! Students and staff came back to school ready to get right back into the swing of things. As I walked into classrooms this week, it was business as usual. It was so nice to see everyone back after the break.
We have been very fortunate so far to have such mild weather this winter. For the time being, arrival in the morning will remain outdoors unless, based on daily weather forecasts, we need to bring them in. If we see a trend where the temperatures will be consistently frigid in the mornings when students arrive, I will communicate that we will have indoor arrival for those longer stretches of time. Remember, students will likely still go out for recess as the temperature tends to warm a little during the day, so please ensure they are dressed appropriately for the weather.
Finally, I wanted to let you know that Arbor Food Services has introduced new ice cream options that are now peanut and tree nut free. The cost of those items is $1.30. They will no longer be selling the chocolate and strawberry scooters. So if you allow your child to buy ice cream, please send the correct amount of money.
NAEP: (for fourth grade families only)...
- I have sent a letter home regarding the NAEP assessment. On January 30, all Terrace 4th grade students will take the NAEP. You can read more about it in the letter that was sent home. If you have any questions, please click here or contact me.
Please read the following reminders:
School Volunteer Info:
Attention Volunteers! Please fill out the online volunteer application if you do not currently have one on file. In order to volunteer at school during the day or at any school function (field trips, popcorn day, etc), you must have an application on file. If you are not sure if you have completed one, please email Mrs. Lopatka at email@example.com, and she can check for you. You may also apply online at the following website by clicking here.
Arrival Parking Lot Safety: Families should drive through the front circle to drop off students. The parking lot IS NOT a place to drop off students. If you feel you need to park and walk your child to his or her line, please park on Westgate to do so. The safety and well-being of our students is our number one priority above all else.
Dismissal Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
Have a great weekend!