- After 30 years serving the students, families, and staff at Terrace, our dedicated and caring administrative assistant, Mrs. Amy Lipinski, is retiring. There is too much to write here to describe the tone she sets at our building. From the moment you walk into our office, you are greeted by her calmness and that smile. She has known every child that has come through this building over the course of a generation (or two), and she has treated each and every one with the same kindness and respect they deserve. We will miss her deeply, but fortunately she does have plans to still be a presence at Terrace in a voluntary role in the future. Please join me in wishing her all the best in this new journey.
- In addition, our esteemed superintendent, Dr. Jane Westerhold, will also be retiring at the end of the month. I can say with firsthand knowledge that her dedication to the achievement and social-emotional growth of each and every D62 student is unparalleled. She has shepherded this district into the 21st century always with an eye on the future. Our students, now more than ever, have the best facilities (including a state-of-the-art Early Learning Center for our youngest students), the latest and most innovative technology, and the most amazing teachers and school leaders to help them grow into successful members of the larger community. Please join me in thanking her for having the vision and the guts to move ahead into the future, always encouraging others in "working together for our children".
- Finally, I would like to also recognize the retirement of Mindy Ward, our Director of Community Relations. Mindy has served to keep us all informed and up-to-date for many years now. She has been the guiding light (or lighthouse) in recognizing all students and staff members who have achieved success in D62 and beyond. Her emails and communications have been the ones we look for to announce a dear loss or a wonderful addition (a new sprout) to our D62 family. Thank you, Mindy, for teaching us all that clear and timely communication is the key to a successful organization. We wish her the very best in her retirement.
- I would also like to wish the best of luck to Mr. Polonsky (paraeducator), who will be working at Cumberland next year, and Mrs. Khan (school social worker), who will also be embarking on a new endeavor next year. Mrs. Khan also just delivered a healthy baby boy last night! Congratulations to her!
- Report cards and MAP reports will come home with your students at 3:15 today.
- If you have not turned in registration or transportation paperwork, please do so as soon as you can.
- Please encourage your children to use myON this summer. It is a great chance to keep your children reading high interest books throughout the summer.
- Click here to read the May/June Terrace Times!
Thank you all for the wonderful support you continually give to our students and staff here at Terrace and throughout the district. We cannot do this alone, and it is our partnership with all of you that helps make our school successful. I wish you all a wonderful and relaxing summer. Good luck to our fifth graders moving on to middle school, and I look forward to seeing the rest of you next August!
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out theTerrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page. My goal is for us to get to 300 "likes", so tell your families and friends to "like" our page!
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.