- Student Recognition Ceremony is Weds., June 01 at 10:00. This is an opportunity for teachers to recognize those student who give back to their school community. Students who will be recognized are those who participate as Student Patrols, Student Council, and PE Helpers. If you have a student who participates in these programs, we welcome you to join us on June 03 at 10:00.
- There will be no school on May 27 and May 30.
- Field Day is Weds., June 01, from 1:00 - 3:30 (rain date is June 02).
- Last day of student attendance is June 03 with a 3:15 dismissal.
From Mr. Lair: We are looking for about 9-10 more enthusiastic volunteers to help us out again at Field Day this year. Field Day is a fun-filled afternoon with different activities for all of our students. Our volunteers always do such a wonderful job! This year's fun event will be on Wednesday, June 1st, from 1:00-3:30 outside. Our rain date will be Thursday, June 2nd, same times. Your job would be to run and supervise a game for some, if not all the age groups as they rotate through every 15 minutes. If you have mobility challenges, we also need people to help at the water station as well. Finally, we are also in need of one more person to supervise the PE helpers on Tuesday, May 31, from 9:00-11:00 to fill water balloons.
If you can help, please Email me at Lairj@d62.org by Wednesday, May 25th, and indicate which day(s) you are available and an Email address where I can send you information.
Thank you so much for your consideration!
PTC News: The final PTC meeting of the year will be Monday May 23, at 6:30 p.m. We hope to see you there!
Parking and Arrival/Dismissal:
SPARK families, please DO NOT park on the playground (blacktop), in front of the garbage enclosure, on the crosswalk, and in the clearly-marked disabled parking spaces (unless you have the appropriate placard). These areas are prohibited from parking, even for a minute, because of many safety reasons as well as required accessibility for outside delivery and district vehicles. Please park in a designated parking spot in the parking lot and walk your children in and out of school.
All families, please remember to drop off your students in the circle drive, not the parking lot. Unless you park your car in a parking space, it is unsafe to drop your children off and have them run across the parking lot to their line outside.
All families, during arrival or dismissal, DO NOT double park behind those who are parked in regular parking spaces. Please either park and come to the front entrance to collect your student or drive through the line like most everyone else. The DP Police Dept. does routine lot checks and have/will ticket cars illegally parked in the disabled spaces and may issue citations for other violations. Thank you for your cooperation.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page. My goal is for us to get to 300 "likes", so tell your families and friends to "like" our page!
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
- Congratulations to Mr. Becker's class for earning the Courageous Cardinal!
- Click here to read the April Terrace Times!
Have a nice weekend!