Please read the following information and reminders:
- As Halloween is approaching, I wanted to remind you how the school day will proceed on Thursday, October 31, 2019:
- Please remember that it is a half-day institute day, and dismissal will be at 12:00. There will be NO SCHOOL for any kindergarten students on Oct. 31.
- The school-wide parade for grades 1-5 will begin between 10:15 and 10:30 in the gymnasium, and if weather permits, we will also parade outside after all of our students go on the stage. Parents, please do not arrive earlier than 10:15.
- Kindergarteners (both a.m. and p.m.) will have their parades on Wednesday, Oct. 30. Morning kindergarteners will parade at 10:15, and afternoon students will parade at 1:15. Please look for information to come home from Mrs. Nielsen about your classroom celebrations.
- Costumes may not contain: weapons of any sort, blood, cigars or cigarettes, and we should not be able to see any student’s bare stomach. In addition, please ensure that costumes are age-appropriate for school and are not overly scary. Masks may be worn only during the parade, but they may not be worn during the school day.
- Classroom celebrations for grades 1-5 will begin around 11:00. Parents and volunteers, it is important that you follow the guidelines communicated in the Terrace handbook (and D62 BOE policy) as it relates to food items. Candy, sweets, or any other food items ARE NOT permitted for Halloween or any other celebrations during the school day. Your child is welcome to bring in pencils, erasers, and any little non-food items to share with their classmates. However, should you send food to school, it will not be distributed and will be returned to you. Your child’s teacher will give you more information about this. Also, if a parent volunteers in the classroom, they MUST have already signed up to be a volunteer (see below).
- The weather is finally turning a bit more like Fall. Please remember to send your children in the appropriate attire for the weather, as they will likely go outside for recess and during SPARK (if they attend). We want to make sure they are warm enough to be comfortable.
The new October Terrace Times and the October lunch menu are now linked at the top of this page.
Have a nice weekend!
Please read the following reminders:
School Volunteer Info:
Attention Volunteers! Please fill out the online volunteer application if you do not currently have one on file. In order to volunteer at school during the day or at any school function (field trips, popcorn day, etc), you must have an application on file. If you are not sure if you have completed one, please email Mrs. Lopatka at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she can check for you. You may also apply online at the following website by clicking here.
Arrival Parking Lot Safety: Families should drive through the front circle to drop off students. The parking lot IS NOT a place to drop off students. If you feel you need to park and walk your child to his or her line, please park on Westgate to do so. The safety and well-being of our students is our number one priority above all else.
Dismissal Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.