As Halloween is approaching, I wanted to remind you how the school day will proceed on Friday, October 30, 2015:
- Please remember that it is a half-day institute day, and dismissal will be at 12:00. There will be NO SCHOOL for kindergarten students on Oct. 30.
- The school-wide parade for grades 1-5 will begin promptly at 10:30 in the gymnasium, and if weather permits, we will also parade outside. Parents, please do not arrive earlier than 10:25.
- Kindergarteners (both a.m. and p.m.) will have their parades on Thurs., Oct. 29. Morning kindergarteners will parade at 10:00, and afternoon students will parade at 2:00. Please look for information to come home about your classroom parties.
- Costumes may not contain: weapons of any sort, blood, cigars or cigarettes, and we should not be able to see any student’s bare stomach. In addition, please ensure that costumes are age-appropriate for school and are not overly scary. Masks may be worn only during the parade, but they may not be worn during the school day.
- Classroom parties for grades 1-5 will begin roughly at 11:00. Parents and volunteers, it is important that you follow the guidelines communicated in the Terrace handbook as it relates to food items. Candy and sweets are permitted for Halloween only, however, all items must be individually wrapped and peanut/tree nut free. In addition, no homemade goods will be allowed at the parties due to potential contamination with allergens. Your child’s teacher will give you more information about this.
PTC is changing the date of Bingo Night from Oct. 22 to Oct. 23. Please look out for more information to come on that. Also, remember that Spiritwear orders are also due on Oct. 23. If you have any additional questions, please contact the PTC at email@example.com.
If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page. My goal is for us to get to 300 "likes", so tell your families and friends to "like" our page!
It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
Congratulations to Mrs. Butera's class for earning the Courageous Cardinal!
Click here for the October Terrace Times!
Have a great weekend!