What a wonderful first week! It was so much fun seeing all of our students, and we were very excited to meet our students who are new to our building! Today we practiced our safety drills. Our staff and students were very prepared and responsible during the drills. I am very proud of our school!
Next week students will begin taking their fall MAP assessments. If you have any questions about that, please contact your child's teacher.
Mark you calendars: Curriculum Night will be Thursday, Sept. 07. We will begin promptly at 6:00 in the gym. I will give you a little more information about it in next week's message.
Our first PTC meeting will be on Monday, Sept. 25, at 6:30 p.m. Our PTC will also be hosting a Kindergarten Mixer for our new kindergarten families immediately before the PTC meeting that same evening. Look for more information to come from our PTC.
Many of you have asked about when you will hear about how to pay for student fees. Early next week you will receive information regarding how to pay for your fees. If you still have questions after you receive the notifications, please feel free to call Mrs. Manna in our office for support.
Please read the following reminders:
Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
Have a wonderful weekend!