- Earlier this week PARCC reports went home with our 4th and 5th graders. If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher.
- Fall MAP reports will be coming home with our students today. If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher.
- Please note that for your reading pleasure the new lunch menu and Terrace Times are linked above.
- If you or a neighbor is willing to be a crossing guard, the DPPD is looking for volunteers. If you know of someone interested, please contact me so I can point you in the right direction. Thank you. =-)
D62 Communications Survey:
We invite you to participate in a communications survey that can be accessed via our website, www.d62.org. The survey will open on October 2 and will remain open until October 16.
District 62 is seeking feedback from our staff, parents and community members on how you receive information and whether you consider the communication to be effective. Through the surveys, we will learn whether people prefer receiving an email, seeing a post on social media, or reading about something in the local paper. We will also find out if we are providing enough information about key topics and issues.
The survey is conducted online in a secure portal and takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. You can access the surveys on desktop and laptop computers as well as most tablets and smartphones.
The surveys are available in English, Spanish and Polish and participation is completely anonymous. Because the reliability of the results increases with the percentage of people taking the surveys, participation is critical. We strongly encourage everyone to take the time to give us this extremely valuable feedback.
Winter Card Contest:
All District 62 students are invited to enter the 2017 Winter Greeting Card design contest. The first place winner's design will be featured on a greeting card sent to community leaders and will be proudly displayed on the district's website and shared via social media. All design entries will be displayed at the Des Plaines Public Library.
The first, second, and third place winners will be honored at the Monday, November 20 Board of Education meeting. All students will receive participation certificates.
Deadline: October 11, 2017 to the Terrace office.
Please visit http://www.d62.org/#d62_2017WinterCardContest for additional information and the parent release form.
- Pancake Breakfast is tomorrow, Saturday, September 30, from 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. here at Terrace. The Book Fair WILL be open during that time. Bring your family and friends! It's "All You Can Eat", so bring a big appetite!
From our local Brownie Troop: Second Grade Brownie Troop 45223 will be collecting Toys for Tots donations from October 01 - November 01. If you would like to participate in this awesome charity, please bring a new, unwrapped toy to Terrace between October 01 - November 01. There will be a collection bin near the front lobby of the school.
Payment of Student Fees:
This is a friendly reminder that fees for the 2017-2018 school year are due.
If you would like to pay your balance online, please visit d62.revtrak.net.
Online Payment Instructions can be found below:
English Instructions: bit.ly/62onlinepaymentinstructions
Spanish Instructions: bit.ly/62onlinepaymentspanish
You may also visit our office to make a payment. If you need assistance, please contact Mrs. Manna.
School Volunteer Info:
Attention Volunteers! Please fill out the online volunteer application if you do not currently have one on file. In order to volunteer at school during the day or at any school function (field trips, popcorn day, etc), you must have an application on file. If you are not sure if you have completed one, please email Mrs. Lopatka at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she can check for you. You may also apply online at the following website by clicking here.
Please read the following reminders:
Arrival Parking Lot Safety: Last week we had three unfortunate incidents in our parking lot during morning drop-off. Two different students were almost hit by cars running to their lines and a third fell in the middle of the parking lot running to the line-up area while cars were driving through the lot. These incidents were due to the fact that people are dropping their children off in the middle of the parking lot rather than coming through the front circle despite being asked many times over the years not to do so. In the interest of student safety, we are now putting cones at the north end of the parking lot to prohibit cars from entering to just drop off. Families will have to drive through the front circle to drop off. If you feel you need to park and walk your child to his or her line, please park on the west side of Westgate to do so. We apologize if this is an inconvenience to you, however, the safety and well-being of our students is our number one priority above all else. I spoke with the Des Plaines Police, and this change was thought to be an excellent idea. Thank you for understanding.
Dismissal Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
Have a wonderful weekend!