Please mark your calendars for next Friday, March 03, as the PTC Variety Show will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will be showcasing the many different talents of our amazing students. We are looking forward to seeing you all there!
As mentioned last week, we have a few different illnesses going around, and it is also flu season. Please remind your kiddos to wash their hands frequently and especially before they eat lunch and snack at school. Also, please remember that if they have a 100 degree fever at home, they cannot come to school until they a fever-free for a full 24 hours without the aid of medicine. We appreciate your support in helping keep everyone healthy.
The second trimester ends today, so expect that your child's report card will come home with them on Friday, March 10. If you have any questions about how your student is doing, please check their gradebook in Tyler or contact your child's teacher.
To read the new February Terrace Times, please click the link above at the top of this page.
Congratulations to these amazing Terrace students for being recognized for demonstrating expected behaviors! Also, congratulations to Mrs. Schaefer's class for earning the Courageous Cardinal!
Please read the following reminders:
Online Registration: This week you should have received a letter in your child's backpack regarding D62 moving to online registration for next school year for grades 1-8. To learn more, please click here.
Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Although we are having unseasonably milder weather, it is still winter, and the weather will be turning colder. Please make sure your children come to school dressed appropriately for the weather, as even when it is cold and snowy, we may go outside for recess.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
Have a wonderful weekend!