Report Cards: Report cards will be coming home in your child's backpacks today. Please remember that the district uses standards-based report cards to indicate to you where your child is in their acquisition of skills and standards. Please review these before conferences, as teachers will go through them with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Conferences are next Monday and Tuesday. On Monday, conferences will run from 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. On Tuesday, conferences will run from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- If you have not already done so, please go to https://terrace62.youcanbook.me/ to register for one 20-minute conference time with your child's teacher on either Nov. 21 or Nov. 22. You will find the teacher's name, see the available time slots, and then you will be able to choose the time you want from those choices. Just fill out the information that is asked of you, and you should be good-to-go. An email will follow confirming your time.
- If you have any problems or do not have access to a device or the Internet, please contact the main office, and we will be able to schedule you in for an available time slot.
Staff Email Contact List: At the top right corner of this page I have added an email contact list for Terrace staff members. If you need to contact anybody and do not know their email address, simply click on the staff member's name, and you will be directed to their email address. I hope this is useful for you.
- You should have received an email this week with information regarding the 5Essentials survey. If you did not, please go to https://illinois.5-essentials.org/2016/ for more information.
- If you would like to take the parent survey, please go to https://survey.5-essentials.org/illinois/ in order to do so.
- During conferences next week, we will have a couple computers available near the front entrance should you wish to take the survey here at school. Please feel free to stop in the front office if you have any questions.
Please remember, if you have a student who rides the bus and you would like him or her to walk home when the weather is nice, we ask that you please call the office or send us a note. We do not want to hold up the buses any longer than necessary as we try to sort out who is walking home on a particular day. If we know ahead of time, it will help us speed up the dismissal process. Thank you for your cooperation.
New to Terrace this year is that a WeatherBug weather station has been installed at the building. I sent a separate email last week with directions on how to download the app to your mobile device. This will now give our school and your community the most accurate and real-time weather information possible. There is also a really cool weather display in the office, and I am looking forward to seeing how this will enhance our STEM curriculum. We were even mentioned on WGN news yesterday! Check out the pic on our Facebook page. Please download the free app and follow these simple directions:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
- Click here for the October Terrace Times newsletter.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Schaefer's classes for earning the Courageous Cardinal!!
Have a relaxing and thankful holiday break!