- PARCC Assessment: The assessment began Tuesday, and I have been so impressed with the effort and perseverance that our students are demonstrating! Remember, our main expectation for our students is that they just try their very best. PARCC will conclude next Thursday, and I thank you for all of your support.
- K-2 Musical "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" will be on April 14th at 2:10pm and 6:30pm (please arrive no earlier than 6:15 p.m., and students should report directly to classrooms). A.M. Kinder parents are invited to bring their students back to school for the 2:10 p.m. performance. Please let Mrs. Prost (firstname.lastname@example.org) know ASAP if your student cannot attend, as students have been assigned speaking parts and solos. This concert is for students in kinder through grade 2 only.
- For families of our fifth graders who will attend Chippewa Middle School next year: Incoming 6th Grade Parent Orientation will be on Thursday, May 5 @ 6:30 pm. at Chippewa. This event is intended for parents only. Terrace fifth grade students will have an opportunity to visit Chippewa the morning of May 6, 2016. More information will come home from the fifth grade teachers when that gets closer.
- For families of our fifth graders who will attend Algonquin Middle School next year: Incoming 6th Grade Orientation will be on Wednesday, May 4 @ 7:00 pm. at Algonquin. Students MAY attend with their parents on this evening. More will come later for students who will attend Algonquin.
PTC News: There is a PTC meeting this coming Monday, April 11, at 6:30 p.m. In addition, Book Fair begins the week of April 18, and Ice Cream Social is on Thursday, April 21. We hope to see you there!
Parking and Arrival/Dismissal:
SPARK families, please DO NOT park on the playground (blacktop), in front of the garbage enclosure, on the crosswalk, and in the clearly-marked disabled parking spaces (unless you have the appropriate placard). These areas are prohibited from parking, even for a minute, because of many safety reasons as well as required accessibility for outside delivery and district vehicles. Please park in a designated parking spot in the parking lot and walk your children in and out of school.
All families, during arrival or dismissal, DO NOT double park behind those who are parked in regular parking spaces. Please either park and come to the front entrance to collect your student or drive through the line like most everyone else. The DP Police Dept. does routine lot checks and have/will ticket cars illegally parked in the disabled spaces and may issue citations for other violations. Thank you for your cooperation.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page. My goal is for us to get to 300 "likes", so tell your families and friends to "like" our page!
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Spachner's class for earning the Courageous Cardinal!
- Click here to read the March Terrace Times!
Have a nice weekend!