PARCC Testing: This week students in grades 3-5 completed the PARCC assessment. I am extremely proud of the effort and perseverance our students demonstrated throughout the testing cycle. Please note, 5th graders will take the Illinois Science Assessment on April 25, and all students will take their final MAP assessment beginning in early May.
Spring Concert: Don't forget that tonight, April 13, is our Kindergarten - Grade 2 Spring Concert. The performance will be at 6:30 p.m. Students are expected at 6:15. Doors will open at 6:15, not earlier. Please email Mrs. Prost if you have any questions or if your child cannot make it.
Mrs. V's Fundraiser: Please joins us at Mrs. V's on Tuesday, April 25, from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., as Terrace staff members will be your servers for the evening. All proceeds will go to Terrace PTC to benefit all of the students at Terrace Elementary School.
Do you have a 6th grade student attending Chippewa next year? If so, please join them for 6th grade parent orientation on Thursday, May 4th, at 6:00 pm in the Chippewa gym. After the 6th grade orientation, a presentation will be offered for all middle school parents regarding the District 62 middle school redesign. Mr. John Swanson, the incoming Chippewa principal, will be attending both presentations. All attendees will receive one raffle ticket to win a brand new MacBook Pro!!!! They are looking forward to meeting you!
School dismissal pick up reminder: Parents, if you pick up your students in the circle in front of the building at dismissal time, I am requesting that you please be mindful of the driveways of the houses on the west side of Westgate, as well as the entrance to the fire station on the east side of Westgate. We have had a request by a community member to please not park or stand on the west side of Westgate upon dismissal. Those homeowners need to be able to enter and exit their properties. In addition, the fire department also needs to enter and exit the station in case of emergency. Please be advised that should a police officer come and see a car parked or standing in front of a property, they may be ticketed. Thank you for your understanding.
Online Registration: Thank you to everyone who has already registered for next year! For any families who have students who will be in grades 1-8 this fall and have not registered, please remember to do so by the May 5th deadline! Here at Terrace, we will be hosting registration open house times on Wednesday, April 26, from 8:00-10:00 a.m. as well as from 3:00-6:00 p.m. Feel free to come in and register then as well!
How to access Online Registration:
On a computer or phone, go to the Parent Portal website bit.ly/parentportal62
- NOTE: You will need a Tyler Parent Portal account. If you have not created this account yet, please use these instructions:
How to get support with Online Registration:
- If you need help with online registration, we have videos, step-by-step instructions and more information at our website: bit.ly/62registrationinfo
- If you do not have access to a computer, or need a translator, you can attend one of our Registration Support Open Houses. These will be held the weeks of April 24th and May 1st. You can attend any location, regardless of the school your child attends. The exact dates, times and locations are here: bit.ly/62regoh
Please read the following reminders:
Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
Have a wonderful weekend!