- PARCC Assessment: We have finished the PARCC assessment! I am so proud of all of our students and staff for their hard work and effort during these last two weeks. Also, I just want to thank you for all of your support at home.
- K-2 Musical "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" was a complete success! The students did a wonderful job, and I can't say enough about Mrs. Prost's fabulous preparation and instruction. She couldn't do it alone, and I thank all the various staff members who helped support the program. Feel free to click the Facebook link below to see a few pictures, and don't forget to "like" our page if you haven't already.
- For families of our fifth graders who will attend Chippewa Middle School next year: Incoming 6th Grade Parent Orientation will be on Thursday, May 5 @ 6:30 pm. at Chippewa. This event is intended for parents only. Terrace fifth grade students will have an opportunity to visit Chippewa the morning of May 6, 2016. More information will come home from the fifth grade teachers when that gets closer.
- For families of our fifth graders who will attend Algonquin Middle School next year: Incoming 6th Grade Orientation will be on Wednesday, May 4 @ 7:00 pm. at Algonquin. Students MAY attend with their parents on this evening. More will come later for students who will attend Algonquin.
PTC News: Book Fair begins next week, and Ice Cream Social is on Thursday, April 21. We hope to see you there!
Parking and Arrival/Dismissal:
SPARK families, please DO NOT park on the playground (blacktop), in front of the garbage enclosure, on the crosswalk, and in the clearly-marked disabled parking spaces (unless you have the appropriate placard). These areas are prohibited from parking, even for a minute, because of many safety reasons as well as required accessibility for outside delivery and district vehicles. Please park in a designated parking spot in the parking lot and walk your children in and out of school.
All families, please remember to drop off your students in the circle drive, not the parking lot. Unless you park your car in a parking space, it is unsafe to drop your children off and have them run across the parking lot to their line outside.
All families, during arrival or dismissal, DO NOT double park behind those who are parked in regular parking spaces. Please either park and come to the front entrance to collect your student or drive through the line like most everyone else. The DP Police Dept. does routine lot checks and have/will ticket cars illegally parked in the disabled spaces and may issue citations for other violations. Thank you for your cooperation.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page. My goal is for us to get to 300 "likes", so tell your families and friends to "like" our page!
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Turner's class for earning the Courageous Cardinal!
- Click here to read the March Terrace Times!
Have a nice weekend!