MAP Testing: Winter MAP testing will begin next week for all grades.
Staff Email Contact List: At the top right corner of this page I have added an email contact list for Terrace staff members. If you need to contact anybody and do not know their email address, simply click on the staff member's name, and you will be directed to their email address. I hope this is useful for you.
- You should have received an email a couple weeks ago with information regarding the 5Essentials survey. If you did not, please go to https://illinois.5-essentials.org/2016/ for more information.
- If you would like to take the parent survey, please go to https://survey.5-essentials.org/illinois/ in order to do so.
As the weather begins to turn colder, please remember to send your child or children with adequate clothing to be outside during the cold weather. Soon students will begin indoor arrival every day during the winter months, however, dependent upon the weather, they may still go outside at recess time. If the temperature is ten degrees or higher, and/or if the wind chill is above zero degrees, students will go outside fo recess. Please make sure they have heavy coats, boots, snowpants, gloves, hats, and scarves. If you are in need of an item of winter clothing, please let the office know, as we have many items we can give to students who need them.
With winter fast aproaching, now would be as good of a time as ever to download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
- Click here for the November Terrace Times newsletter.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Turner's class for earning the Courageous Cardinal!!
Have a great weekend!