What an interesting weather week we had! We only wound up having two days of school. Please be on the lookout for school calendar changes regarding when students will make up these three days.
Don't forget that next Tuesday is Kinder Registration. If you have a child who will be starting kindergarten next year or have a friend or neighbor who does, kinder registration will be in the main office between 4:30 - 7:30. You may come in to pick up the appropriate paperwork. We need you to bring a birth certificate so we can make a copy to keep on file. In addition you should bring in any relevant medical paperwork and we will need to see three different documents to prove your residency. Proof of residency must be one of the following: a driver's license, state id, or a passport. You must also bring in two of the following: a current lease, a mortgage payment statement, bank statement, or even a water or other utility bill. We need to see your name and address on these documents in order to verify your residency. We will also be able to collect registration fees at that time. Kinder registration fees will be $78. Cash or check only. We cannot accept credit cards. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday!
Online Registration for the 2019-2020 school year will open for all returning students entering grades 1-8 on February 05. Any new students or students entering Kindergarten will still use the existing paper registration process. We ask that you register your child(ren) by June 1. New this year is that District 62 will begin collecting next year's fees during registration. All of next year's fees remain unchanged. It is also necessary for parents to sign up their child for bus transportation at this time. Additional information about District 62’s online registration process including frequently asked questions can be found here: bit.ly/62registrationinfo.
NAEP: (for fourth grade families only)...
- Due to the school cancellation on Wednesday, Terrace 4th grade students will now take the NAEP on Thursday, February 21. If you have any questions, please click here or contact me.
The February lunch menu and the new Terrace Times are linked at the top. Have a wonderful weekend!
Please read the following reminders:
School Volunteer Info:
Attention Volunteers! Please fill out the online volunteer application if you do not currently have one on file. In order to volunteer at school during the day or at any school function (field trips, popcorn day, etc), you must have an application on file. If you are not sure if you have completed one, please email Mrs. Lopatka at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she can check for you. You may also apply online at the following website by clicking here.
Arrival Parking Lot Safety: Families should drive through the front circle to drop off students. The parking lot IS NOT a place to drop off students. If you feel you need to park and walk your child to his or her line, please park on Westgate to do so. The safety and well-being of our students is our number one priority above all else.
Dismissal Parking Lot Safety: Please remember that the safety and well-being of our students and staff are our #1 priority. After school you are welcome park your car in a designated spot in our lot and walk to the front to pick up your child. Or, you may drive through the front circle and pick up your child in the pickup line. DO NOT double park your car in the lot and ask your child to run over to your car. I have personally seen students do this and nearly get hit by a car in the lot. Please listen to and work with our traffic supervisors. We need you working together with us to ensure students and staff are safe. Thank you so much.
Please download the WeatherBug app and set Terrace as your home page. Here are the directions to download:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.