Please remember that next Tuesday, September 13, is an early release day. Children will be dismissed at 12:00.
Please join the PTC for this year's Kinder Mixer! Kindergarten students and their families are invited to join the PTC on the Kinder playground for our Kinder Mixer this Friday night (tonight), September 9, from 6:00 - 6:45pm. We will have a big playdate and hopefully get to know all the new families at Terrace.
Immediately following, please join us at 7:00 for Terrace Family Movie Night. Your kids voted, and Zootopia Won! Movie Night will take place in the Terrace gym. You can bring chairs, blankets, pillows, and your kids in their pjs. Concessions will be open, and we will be selling hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, candy, water, and juice boxes!! All the essentials for a movie. We will also have a raffle drawing, and you could win your own copy of Zootopia! $1/ raffle ticket. Join us for a fun-filled night with your family!!
For over a century, the Boy Scouts of America have helped build the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. On September 15, 2016, from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., the Boy Scouts of America will hold a sign-up night at Terrace School. This is your opportunity to learn more about scouting, meet our staff and volunteers, and join scouting on the spot! If you have any questions, please stop by on the 15th or talk to Mr. Mark.
Adventure is waiting. Build yours!
Please remember, if you have a student who rides the bus and you would like him or her to walk home when the weather is nice, we ask that you please call the office or send us a note. We do not want to hold up the buses any longer than necessary as we try to sort out who is walking home on a particular day. If we know ahead of time, it will help us speed up the dismissal process. Thank you for your cooperation.
New to Terrace this year is that a WeatherBug weather station has been installed at the building. I sent a separate email last week with directions on how to download the app to your mobile device. This will now give our school and your community the most accurate and real-time weather information possible. There is also a really cool weather display in the office, and I am looking forward to seeing how this will enhance our STEM curriculum. We were even mentioned on WGN news yesterday! Check out the pic on our Facebook page. Please download the free app and follow these simple directions:
- Open the app, and tap the WeatherBug icon in the upper left corner to expose the main app menu.
- Select “Sign in”
- At the bottom of the login screen, tap “Sign up” and either login using your Facebook account or by creating a WeatherBug account.
- Then go back into the main app menu and select “Communities”
- Tap “Terrace Elementary School” – the plus sign should turn into a check mark – hit “Close”
- You should see the Terrace Elementary School Community card.
Families, as your children are getting older and are having more exposure online, a host of questions can arise about Internet safety. If you would like to learn more about what your children may be doing or what you can do as a parent/caregiver to protect them, please click here to read more.
- If you are on Facebook and would like to see what is going on at Terrace, be sure to check out the Terrace Facebook page. Pictures are regularly posted to better give you an insight into all the great things that go on at school each and every day. Remember to click the "like" button so our updates appear regularly on your feed. Or, under the school address near the top left of this page, you can click Facebook, and it will direct you straight to the page.
- It is important for us to have a current email address and phone number for you at all times. If you want to ensure that you receive emails and notifications from Terrace and D62, please make sure our office has your most current email and phone numbers on file. If you send us your contact information, I ask that you please write very neatly so we can make sure we are entering the correct information in our student information system.
Have a great weekend!